Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Prayer

The Bible speaks about the Spirit praying within us (Romans 8:26-27). I find this very comforting since that means that prayer is happening in me whether I am aware of it or not. These weeks when I have not been feeling well are challenging to my prayer life. Yet I don't have to worry, God is still working in me and sustaining my prayers when I don't have the strength of will to stay focused or be aware for prolonged times. Also the prayers of the community on my behalf nourish my soul and shape my heart. What a gift prayer is!

I am so thankful for this action of God in my life. I can relax and trust the shepherd of my soul to work on my behalf when I am not able. What a gracious God!

On a side note much of prayer is simply sitting and "listening" to the prayer of the Spirit within us. Therefore we should "be still" (Psalm 46:10).

No comments: