Friday, November 19, 2010

Testimony

Share your testimony, how you were called into ministry, and tell us about your personal relationship with Jesus Christ. How is God working in your life today?

Christ is my life. Everything good, beautiful and wonderful is a gift from his scar stained hands. Without him I would be lost, alive but dead and my life would be meaningless. In His infinite love and mercy he saved me, a lost and sinful person. He has given me a new life in this world and in the world to come (Romans 6). His presence brings me strength and hope (2 Corinthians 12:10). It is my joy to follow him as his disciple, learning to obey what he has commanded (Matthew 28:18-20). I have come to know him as Lord, Savior, Master and Friend. He is my Beloved Lord and I am His.
I am in ministry because of Jesus’ call on my life. I first sensed this call through regular Bible study and prayer. I went to seminary based on this sense of call and the affirmation of my friends and family. The Lord has confirmed my call to ordained ministry call and I am so blessed to serve Christ and minister to God’s people. I delight in watching people grow in their love for Christ.
Today the Lord is teaching me about his steadfast love, the sufficiency of his grace and the joy of being his disciple. He is helping me grow as a father, husband and pastor. I am profoundly thankful for his providential action in my life.

No comments: